On this blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

Smorgasbord - Mourningtide

What to do?  What to do?

I have about 75,000 words written.  If you do the math, with one printed page comprised of 275 words, this story is currently at about 272 pages.  Respectable, though I tend to run just over 110,000 - 120,000 words.

I have things to fill in, transitions between scenes, chapters to write...

I have two specific chapters I want to write  The first ones involve the disappearance of the main character, who is mourning the death of his son  He is a very intelligent man, but also very direct.  He has a sense of humor, and the way he gives his loyal supporters the slip would be very amusing.

But then I also must write a chapter involving the woman  he falls in love with.  How does he handle his leaving and the revelation that he is definitely not what they had expected?

And, finally,the leave taking scene itself.

All of them have wonderful scope for writing, and I'll enjoy them all.  But - which to start first?

Ay, there's the rub.

I haven't written a thing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment